Apple’s latest operating system offers a myriad of exciting features. But do you know how to delete wallpaper on iPhone？
With the iOS 16 update, you can customize your lock screen with widgets, dynamic wallpapers, and more. You can create multiple wallpapers and switch between them easily.
But Apple has changed the way wallpapers are created and edited. It has left many people struggling. And yes, I was one of them!
After reading some content about it, I finally figured out the mystery.
Feel free to read this guide on how to remove wallpapers on an iPhone running iOS 16! We’ve got you covered with step-by-step steps. It will help you replace your photos with new ones, clear your storage space, or give your site a new look.
Say goodbye to your old wallpapers, and let’s enter the world of iOS 16 customization!
What’s Changed in iOS 16’s Wallpapers?
In summary, when Apple launched iOS 16, there were a few changes to how Lock and Home screen wallpapers were set.
In particular, you can now make more than one lock screen and give each one a different background. You can easily do this by going to Settings > Wallpapers or by long-pressing on a Lock Screen to get to the Lock Screen Gallery.
In the Lock Screen Gallery, Apple has added a few new ways to set backgrounds and change the look of the lock screen. You can choose themes like science and weather backgrounds, emoji art, randomizing albums, etc.
How to Delete Wallpaper on iPhone?
If you have more wallpapers than you know what to do with, you may need to clean them up. Deleting the wallpapers you’ve created requires a hidden button. Don’t worry though, because I’ll show you where to find it.
Time required: 1 minute!
● When your iPhone is unlocked, long press to lock the Screen. You must open your phone if you still need to turn on Face ID. And it would help if you swiped down from the top of the home screen to get to the lock screen.
● Slide to the wallpaper you want to delete.
● Swipe up to remove the wallpaper.
● Tap on the “red trash” icon.
● Tap to delete this wallpaper.
How to Customize after Delete Wallpaper on iPhone?
If you want to create new wallpapers/lock screens (with different backgrounds, widgets, and clocks), these operations are also very simple!
Step 1: To open the wallpaper gallery, tap and hold the lock screen.
Step 2: Choose the Wallpaper you’d like to change.
Step 3: Click on “Customize”.
Step 4: Here, select “Lock Screen.”
How to Customize iPhone Wallpapers & How to Customize iPhone Wallpapers
Step 5: Click the “Library” icon on the screen’s bottom left corner.
Step 6: Select the wallpaper you want to add.
Step 7: Make adjustments as needed and click “Done.”
Alternative Ways to Delete Wallpaper on iPhone
You can also replace the Wallpaper from the iPhone settings as follows:
Step 1: Click Wallpaper in the Settings menu.
Step 2: Swipe to the left or right to find the Wallpaper you want to change.
Step 3: Tap on Customize (Lock Screen on the left and Home Screen on the right).
Step 4: Select the “Library” icon in the screen’s left corner.
Step 5: Search and select the wallpaper you want.
Step 6: Adjust as needed and click “Done.”
How to Remove iPhone Wallpaper from Photo Shuffle?
If you want to delete an entire Photo Shuffle album, the above method of removing iPhone lock screen wallpapers is enough. However, if you want to remove one or more wallpapers from a Photo Shuffle album, you need to do the following.
Step 1: Press the lock screen, then find the Photo Random Wallpaper.
Step 2: Click “Customize” and “Lock Screen.”
Step 3: Select the “Photo shuffle” icon at the bottom left corner.
Step 4: Click “Select” at the bottom right corner of the screen.
Step 5: Choose the background you want to get rid of.
Step 6: Click the “delete” icon.
Step 7: Select “Done” to confirm and then select “Done” again.
FAQS – How to Delete Wallpaper on iPhone
How do I remove a wallpaper on iPhone with iOS 16?
● Go to Settings > Wallpaper and select a new wallpaper. This will replace your current home screen and lock screen wallpaper.
Can I delete a wallpaper from my photos app?
● Yes, you can delete the original wallpaper image from your Photos app if you no longer want to keep it stored on your device.
What happens if I delete a custom wallpaper I added?
● If you delete a custom image you set as wallpaper, your iPhone will automatically revert back to the default system wallpaper.
How do I get rid of multiple wallpaper images at once?
● You can select multiple wallpaper images in your Photos app and delete them together. Just tap Select > choose images > Delete.
Can I delete wallpapers that came preloaded on my iPhone?
● No, you cannot delete the default system wallpaper images that came with your iOS. You can only replace them with different wallpaper.
Will switching my wallpaper free up storage space?
● Setting a new wallpaper image will not free up significant storage space. The wallpaper files are very small. Only deleting unneeded images in your Photos app will clear sizable space.
Is there a limit to how many wallpaper images I can save?
● There is no specific limit. However, having too many high resolution images downloaded may take up storage over time.
Congratulations You now know how to delete wallpaper on iPhone！
Now it’s easy to switch between pictures to fit your mood, style, or the time of year. The ability to change your gadget’s looks gives it a personal touch that shows off your style and tastes.
Remember to always return to this help if you need a quick review. Apple may add new features and improvements as technology changes. But the basic steps to remove images are likely to stay the same.
You can try out as many wallpapers as you want. You can try it from Apple’s beautiful collection to your photos and artwork to make your iPhone experience unique.
I’m glad you chose this guide to help you get more out of your iPhone. Have fun making changes!