In today’s digital age, the temptations of the online world are everywhere.
Especially for teens, keeping a healthy balance between online and offline life is more important than ever.
Most families nowadays are financially strong enough for a 12-year-old to have an iPhone, or kids will use their parents’ cell phones.
But many bad websites can harm the healthy development of their mind and body. Therefore, you should block these “toxic websites” on your iPhone beforehand.
This guide will introduce you to how to block websites on iPhone. It is access to specific websites and creates a healthier digital environment for yourself or your loved ones.
How to Block Websites on iPhone?
Want to block website on iphone?
You can block websites on your iPhone so your children don’t have to visit them.
● Open the app for Settings.
● Move down the page and tap “Screen Time.”
● Tap on “Content Privacy Restriction.”
● Toggle it to the right (a green background will appear around the switch).
● Click on ‘Content Restriction.’
● Click on ‘Web Content.‘
● Select how you want to restrict web access.
Limit Adult Websites: This option blocks known adult websites (such as nudity and pornography).
You can also add more sites that are always blocked or allowed. (If limiting adult content isn’t enough, or if you notice a URL being missed, you can always block any URL you want by limiting it).
- Select “Limit Adult Websites”
- Click “Add Site” under “Never Allow.”
- Enter the URL you want to block in the Website field.
- Select “Back” in the upper left corner.
Allowed Websites Only: This choice lets you list only the websites you want to visit.
How to Block Search and Explicit Language on iPhone?
You can also block pornographic language if you want to further deter them from accessing inappropriate websites. It protects them better.
It’s easy. Just a few steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap “Screen Time.”
- Click on “Content Privacy Restriction.”
- Click on ‘Content Restriction‘.
- Click on ‘Explicit Language.’
- Then click on “Don’t Allow.”
How to Set a Password to Protect Your Content Restrictions?
More is needed to learn how to block websites on iPhone. You should also set a passcode to prevent kids from tampering with the setting.
You can follow these steps:
- Open the Settings application.
- Scroll to the bottom and click “Screen Time.”
- Tap “Use Screen Time Passcode.”
- Enter and confirm the passcode.
- Enter your Apple ID username and password to recover your password if you forget it.
- Tap “OK” in the pop-up window’s bottom right corner.
Tip: If you can’t remember your Apple ID password, you can change it on the iForgot page.
Now, whenever someone tries to change the Screen Time setting, they must enter their password.
Use a Free Website-Blocking App
You can block websites on iPhone by more than just parents.
Your kids can reconfigure these settings, too. Even if you keep the Screen Time passcode secret, a precocious child may still find a way in.
The App Store has free website-blocking apps (such as BlockSite) that can tighten restrictions. Blockers effectively protect young children from adult websites with objectionable content and explicit language or keep your teenager focused on learning.
BlockSite’s free browser extension works with Chrome and Firefox and can be downloaded as an iOS and Android app.
With apps like BlockSite, you can:
● Block websites by category – Restrict adult content, social media, or gaming apps.
● Block lists of individual websites that you manually select.
● Restrictions on synchronization across phones, desktops, and tablets.
● Analyze reports on how your family is using the device.
Tips: Is BlockSite permanently free?
BlockSite has a permanently free version. However, it is limited – only allowing you to block up to three websites simultaneously.
The freemium version also lacks important features, such as blocking pages that can be changed and password safety.
To access more features, such as unlimited blocks and its bulk blocking tool, BlockSite charges $9 per month.
Using Router-Level Restrictions
Most wifi routers include parental controls. However, routers don’t control your Internet activity like device security software. They log web traffic and list IP addresses.
Most current routers can be set up to block certain websites by their URL. NETGEAR and Nest wifi are two famous routers with built-in website blocking.
To block websites through your router:
● Open your online browser and type in your router’s IP address. This unique number is written on a label on the back of the router.
● Log in to access the router’s settings.
● Navigate to the Website Blocker tool.
● Enter the URLs of the specific websites you want to block. Depending on your router, you might also be able to block whole groups, like social media or gaming.
● Save all changes.
● Reboot the router. Doing so will ensure that your changes take effect immediately.
For example,netgeat Armor automatically stops suspicious URLs so that you don’t end up on websites that might be harmful or contain content you shouldn’t see.
If an outgoing HTTPS or HTTP request fits one of the URLs on NETGEAR’s list of blocked sites, the site won’t load.
But not all routers have the same built-in parental controls or lists of blocked Web sites that are kept up to date. For those that do, you may have to pay to use filters and categories based on your age.
How to Block Websites With Bark?
If you want to be able to block any website and a lot of different types of information, you will need to use a VPN. (e.g., adult sites, games, social media, etc.), The bark is the way to go. It means you don’t have to know the names of all the potentially worrying sites!
- if you are a Bark user, go to your Dashboard and find your child’s profile. If you don’t have one yet, don’t worry! Go to bark.us and sign up for a one-week free trial.
- select Settings and Parental Controls from the Dashboard.
- From here, you can view your scheduled rulesets.
- Scroll down until you see the Screen Time ruleset, then select the currently applied ruleset.
- Toggle the application or website to Blocked. You can block whole groups of websites or just a single URL.
- Repeat these steps for any other Screen Time rulesets you have scheduled.
After reading this article, Can you learn how to block websites on iPhone?
As you reach the end of your trip to take control of your digital life, remember that blocking websites on your iPhone lets you make your online experience fit your needs.
Whether you want to be more productive, protect your loved ones, or find more balance in your daily life, the tools and tips discussed here offer valuable ways to accomplish these goals.
By choosing the material you read and the amount of time you spend online on purpose, you can create a more fulfilling digital life.
So go ahead and implement these methods, embrace the positive changes they bring, and enjoy your newfound control over the online world.
Your iPhone can be your gateway to a healthier, more balanced relationship with technology, and it’s all in your hands.